Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Speak to it, Horatio, thou art a scholar

K. Rove, front man for plutocratic restoration, turns out to be a lit’ry chap. Who knew? He claimed he was Moby Dick, the Democrats his Ahab. Full fathom five his bones don’t lie. He said he was a myth, “You know, I’m Beowulf, you know, I’m Grendel. I don't know who I am. But they're after me.” Hell, he’s probably the b’ar in Faulkner. But what about Grendel’s mother? From my own translation, the Soccer Hooligan’s Beowulf “Shite man, it’s Grendel’s mum, and she’s fookin’ pissed!” That’s a great scene when she eats Capt. Ahab and his boat the Ninapintasantamaria, with Scottie down in the coal shouting "I'm giving her all I can, Captain! She canna take much more!" As awesome as when Hester Prynne marries Jay Gatsby and they sit on the dock of the bay watching the green light in the fog waste away…

No comments: